The Photo Beat - Photography Discussion and Critique Forum Freestyle Photographic Supplies

Go Back   ThePhotoBeat > Introduction & Feedback > Forum Feedback

Forum Feedback We like our humble community, but it's our members who help make it what it is. Tell us what you like and what you think could make us better!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:45 PM   #1
Battou
Lives for the Beat

Redirects during link in from facebook

Was clued into a problem with redirects from TPB while following a link. The event occurs on first request of the session. I was unable to replicate the occurrence so I asked a tech friend of mine if he got a redirect and he did in fact get a redirect.

He was able to log both a first session request and a second session request, both logs are attached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratadrake
I don't think FB is involved in this. FB redirects it to the target URL in juts two requests, after that its job is done and everything else that follows is from thephotobeat.com (or something linked on the page, like scripting).

The lack of an obvious HTTP302 to the suspect domain is itself a little worrying

I did another request and recorded Javascript calls (to a JSON file), but I'm not sure how to review it.

*EDIT*
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratadrake
Just a quick update on the TPB link issue: since most of my previous tests were using the FB link, I tried again using the thread's actual URL and did not encounter any redirects or problems, first/second request in the session or not.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logged.request_1.txt (16.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: txt logged.request_2.txt (3.6 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Battou; 04-23-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Battou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #2
Terri
Administrator

Thanks for posting this, Battou. Our TPF tech guru is Chris of Arabia (he also put up our FB page). I will bring this to his attention and we'll see what light can be shed on this. TBH, the FB page doesn't see much action, as the bulk of our posters seem happy to post right here on the forum, or we might have stumbled across this sooner. Thanks again!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:50 PM   #3
Battou
Lives for the Beat

No problem.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:40 AM   #4
Chris of Arabia
Administrator

I've just been looking at the FB page, but am perhaps missing what you're seeing. Can you tell me on which of the pages you're seeing the link? I've just been to the thread mentioned in the redirect log file (from here in TPB) and it works just fine.

or my blog, IZDIHAR
Chris of Arabia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #5
Battou
Lives for the Beat

It originated during link in from a link I posted in a FB group for beginners and only occurs during the first inbound request of a session, meaning you would have to log out, and clear your session cookies to replicate the redirect.

Go Back   ThePhotoBeat > Introduction & Feedback > Forum Feedback