The Photo Beat - Photography Discussion and Critique Forum Freestyle Photographic Supplies

Go Back   ThePhotoBeat > ThePhotoBeat Galleries > The Black & White Gallery

The Black & White Gallery A Gallery to showcase your latest B&W images, for general feedback and discussion.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #1
Terri
Administrator

Another experiment - paper negative

Disclaimer: I'm not particularly political, but recent events have definitely had an impact on me. I vote mainly towards concern for the environment, and I got this bumper sticker from Greenpeace, I think I signed a petition from them or something.

The hubby and I were playing with this new-to-us film, the orthochromatic Washi paper film. We bought a couple of rolls and a box of 4x5 sheets.

For added fun, this was shot with a Polaroid 110a Land camera, with a great Rodenstock lens. It was easy to just lay a sheet in there.

Developed under a safelight in a tray, LPD 1:9 for about 2 minutes. Easy as pie!

The bumpersticker was orange, so we also had to use a cyan filter or the letters weren't going to show - this film won't record in the red range. I knew the setup I wanted (even though I hate being my own model) so I was tickled to have this rough, textured dimension from the film itself.

About a 1 second exposure at f4.7 (wide open for this lens).

It was a fun experiment, plus I got to stage a little political message, which is a rare thing.

Last edited by Terri; 07-21-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:48 AM   #2
Antarctican
Living la vita "loco"

Send a message via Yahoo to Antarctican Send a message via Skype™ to Antarctican
Nice one! The textured look works so well with the subject matter of a ''mug shot". Must have definitely been a fun shoot to conceive and execute
Old 05-15-2017, 03:07 PM   #3
Terri
Administrator

Thanks, Anty! Yes, the mug shot look is exactly the point. The siding of my house makes those horizontal lines, which kind of helped.

It was fun. Really cool film to play with!

Go Back   ThePhotoBeat > ThePhotoBeat Galleries > The Black & White Gallery